Tyler G. Hicks-Wright Denver, Colorado, USA — Contact Me email@example.com
Freelance Software Developer
Denver, CO / Remote
2012 – Present
- Implemented feature updates and fixes to a supply-chain planning tool for a major CPG company.
- Developed sales systems for a local lumber company to help them manage inventory and sales tickets.
- Created an SMS lead generation app used by local companies to communicate with sales leads and customers.
- Oversaw a full rewrite of an online employee scheduling application utilizing modern web technologies.
- Added features and fixed bugs on a web-based virtual network control panel written in CoffeeScript and Backbone.
- Designed and implemented an online fitness challenge using Django and Python.
Copilot.com LLC, President
2014 – 2022
- Acquired and successfully spun a screen sharing software out of Fog Creek into its own company.
- Led the development of updated versions of the client applications as a full stack software developer.
- Built a team of highly competent customer service, QA, and developers to support the growth of the company.
- Provided almost 2 million screen sharing sessions during the lifespan of the company.
Snaposit, Founder & Software Developer
2012 – 2013
- Started a new company to help photographers back up their photos.
- Developed an online photo backup system using Django, Python, WxWidgets, and AWS.
Fog Creek Software, Software Developer
New York, NY
2005 – 2012
- Trello. Used CoffeeScript, MongoDB, Backbone.js, and Node.js to implement new features and fix bugs.
- WebPutty. Led an R&D team to develop WebPutty, an online CSS editor and hosting tool. Used Python and Flask on Google App Engine.
- Kiln. Created the original prototype of Kiln with a colleague for a programming contest. Used ASP.Net MVC, Python, and Mercurial to create a source control and code review system.
- Copilot. Was part of a 4-person intern team that created the Copilot product from scratch in 10 weeks using Visual C++, C# and ASP.Net. Continued to do be responsible for Copilot's server development for two years. Also developed a subscription billing system that is still in use at Fog Creek.
- Reviewed and interviewed almost 500 software development candidates.
Master of Science, Computer Science
Stanford University, Stanford, CA, January, 2006 to June, 2007
- Artificial Intelligence Specialty.
- Earned a research assistantship with the Stanford Logic Group.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science and Economics Double Major
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN, August, 2002 to May, 2005
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Dean's list 9 of 9 terms.
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Completed a double major in three years.