Tyler G. Hicks-Wright Denver, Colorado, USA — Contact Me firstname.lastname@example.org
Freelance Software Developer
2012 – Present
- Implemented feature updates and fixes to a supply-chain planning tool for a major CPG company.
- Developed sales systems for a local lumber company to help them manage inventory and sales tickets.
- Created an SMS lead generation app used by local companies to communicate with sales leads and customers.
- Oversaw a full rewrite of an online employee scheduling application utilizing modern web technologies.
- Added features and fixed bugs on a web-based virtual network control panel written in CoffeeScript and Backbone.
- Designed and implemented an online fitness challenge using Django and Python.
Copilot.com LLC, President
2014 – Present
- Successfully spun the product out of Fog Creek into its own company.
- Lead development of new, updated versions of the client applications.
- Building a team of highly competent customer service, QA, and developers.
Snaposit, Founder & Software Developer
2012 – 2013
- Started a new company to help photographers back up their photos.
- Developed an online photo backup system using Django, Python, WxWidgets, and AWS.
Fog Creek Software, Software Developer
New York, NY
2005 – 2012
- Trello. Used CoffeeScript, MongoDB, Backbone.js, and Node.js to implement new features and fix bugs.
- WebPutty. Led an R&D team to develop WebPutty, an online CSS editor and hosting tool. Used Python and Flask on Google App Engine.
- Kiln. Created the original prototype of Kiln with a colleague for a programming contest. Used ASP.Net MVC, Python, and Mercurial to create a source control and code review system.
- Copilot. Was part of a 4-person intern team that created the Copilot product from scratch in 10 weeks using Visual C++, C# and ASP.Net. Continued to do be responsible for Copilot's server development for two years. Also developed a subscription billing system that is still in use at Fog Creek.
- Reviewed and interviewed almost 500 software development candidates.
Guidant Corporation, Software Development Intern
St. Paul, MN
2004, Advanced Tools Development Group
- Gathered requirements and wrote design specification for distributed test station utility.
- Implemented user interface and utility controls in Visual C++ on Windows 2000.
- Developed action recording utility on Linux in Java with Swing.
- Wrote translators in Python to convert between several different scripting and testing languages.
- Presented work to senior management, August 17, 2004.
Sandia National Laboratories, Software Research Intern
2003, Data Analysis and Visualization Group
- Implemented a volume rendering algorithm with C++ and VTK to find and display three dimensional boundaries in volume datasets.
- Created a user interface in Tcl/Tk, allowing the user to interact with the 3-D model to isolate and enhance interesting features in the dataset.
- Submitted code for acceptance into open source VTK.
- Presented work at Sandia's Eighth Annual Student Symposium, August 5, 2003.
RioScan Software, Software Verification Intern
2001, New Product Development
- Assessed stability and usability of new Palm based barcode scanning software products using a variety of verification and testing methods.
- Discovered, reported, and corrected software bugs in C++, Visual Basic, and Palm C.
- Wrote and edited user manuals and product documentation.
- Collaborated with developers to diagnose and correct software errors, expediting delivery by several months.
Master of Science, Computer Science
Stanford University, Stanford, CA, January, 2006 to June, 2007
- Artificial Intelligence Specialty.
- Earned a research assistantship with the Stanford Logic Group.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science and Economics Double Major
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN, August, 2002 to May, 2005
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude.
- Dean's list 9 of 9 terms.
- Completed a double major in three years.